|2021.08 –||Professor, Institute of Biochemistry, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan|
|2015.08 – 2021.07||Associate Professor, Institute of Biochemistry, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan|
|2009.08 – 2015.07||Assistant Professor, Institute of Biochemistry, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan|
|2005.07 – 2009.07||Postdoctoral Fellow, Lab of Plant Molecular Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, USA|
|2005.01 – 2005.06||Postdoctoral Fellow, Molecular Plant Virology Lab, Dept. of Plant Pathology, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan|
|1996.08 – 2003.07||Ph.D., Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan|
|2001.08 – 2003.05||Visiting Student, Lab of Plant Molecular Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, USA|
|1992.08 – 1996.07||B.Sc., Department of Biology, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan|
2019.05 Received the Prof. Shou-Kung Sun’s Plant Patholosidt Academic Reward
2018.01 Received the Distinguished Associate Professor Award from NCHU
2016.01 Received the Distinguished Young Scholar Award from NCHU
2014.12 Received the Outstanding Young Scholar Award from BSROC
2014.08 Received the Outstanding Young Faculty Award from NCHU
2005.07 Received the Taiwan Merit Scholarship from Ministry of Education, Council for Economic Planning and Development, and National Science Council
1. Geng-Jen Jang, Jun-Yi Yang, Hsu-Liang Hsieh, Shu-Hsing Wu*. 2019. Processing bodies control the selective translation for optimal development of Arabidopsis young seedlings. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences U.S.A. 116, 6451-6456. DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1900084116. (Mar)
2. Shu Heng Changco, Choon Meng Tanco, Chih-Tang Wuco, Tzu-Hsiang Lin, Shin-Ying Jiang, Ren-Ci Liu, Ming-Chen Tsai, Li-Wen Su, Jun-Yi Yang*. 2018. Alterations of plant architecture and phase transition by the phytoplasma virulence factor SAP11. Journal of Experimental Botany. 69, 5389-5401. (Nov)
3. Shang‑Hung Pao, Ping‑Yun Tsai, Ching‑I Peng, Pei‑Ju Chen, Chi‑Chu Tsai, En‑Cheng Yang, Ming‑Chih Shih, Jiannyeu Chen, Jun‑Yi Yang, Peter Chesson, and Chiou‑Rong Sheue*. 2018. Lamelloplasts and minichloroplasts in Begoniaceae: iridescence and photosynthetic functioning. Journal of Plant Research. 131, 655-670. doi: 10.1007/s10265-018-1020-2. (July)
4. Sylvain Poque, Hui-Wen Wu, Chung-Hao Huang, Hao-Wen Cheng, Wen-Chi Hu, Jun-Yi Yang, David Wang, and Shyi-Dong Yeh*. 2018. Potyviral Gene-Silencing Suppressor HCPro Interacts with Salicylic Acid (SA)-Binding Protein 3 to Weaken SA-Mediated Defense Responses. Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions. 31, 86-100. (Jan)
5. Seok Keun Cho, Moon Young Ryu, Christian Poulsen, Jong Hum Kim, Tae Rin Oh, Suk Won Choi, Mijung Kim, Jun-Yi Yang, Kyung Hwan Boo, Naomi Geshi, Woo Taek Kim and Seong Wook Yang*. 2017. HIGLE is a bifunctional homing endonuclease that directly interacts with HYL1 and SERRATE in Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS Letters. 591, 1383-1393. (May)
6. Choon Meng Tan, Chia-Hua Li, Nai-Wen Tsao, Li-Wen Su, Yen-Ting Lu, Shu Heng Chang, Yi Yu Lin, Jyun-Cyuan Liou, Li-Ching Hsieh, Jih-Zu Yu, Chiou-Rong Sheue, Sheng-Yang Wang, Chin-Fa Lee, Jun-Yi Yang*. 2016. Phytoplasma SAP11 alters 3-isobutyl-2-methoxypyrazine biosynthesis in Nicotiana benthamiana by suppressing NbOMT1. Journal of Experimental Botany. 67, 4415-4425. (Jun)
7. Shu-Heng Chang, Shu-Ting Cho, Chung-Li Chen, Jun-Yi Yang*, Chih-Horng Kuo*. 2015. Draft Genome Sequence of a 16SrII-A Subgroup Phytoplasma Associated with the Purple Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea) Witches’-Broom Disease in Taiwan. Genome Announcements. 3: e01398-15. doi: 10.1128/genomeA.01398-15. (Nov)
8. Jian Ye, Jun-Yi Yang, Yanwei Sun, Pingzhi Zhao, Shiqiang Gao, Choonkyun Jung, Jing Qu, Rongxiang Fang, Nam-Hai Chua*. 2015. Geminivirus activates ASYMMETRIC LEAVES 2 to accelerate cytoplasmic DCP2-mediated mRNA turnover and weakens RNA silencing in Arabidopsis. PLoS Pathogens. 11, e1005196. (Oct)
9. Hsing-Fun Hsu, Wei-Han Hsu, Yung-I Lee, Wan-Ting Mao, Jun-Yi Yang, Jen-Ying Li, Chang-Hsien Yang*. 2015. Model for perianth formation in orchids. Nature Plants. 15046. doi:10.1038/nplants.2015.46. (Apr)
10. Choon Meng Tan, Meng-Ying Li, Pei-Yun Yang, Shu Heng Chang, Yi-Ping Ho, Hong Lin, Wen-Ling Deng and Jun-Yi Yang*. 2015. Arabidopsis HFR1 is a potential nuclear substrate regulated by the Xanthomonas type III effector XopDXcc8004. PLoS ONE. 10: e0117067. (Feb)
11. Chang-Hua Li, Chih-Pin Chiang, Jun-Yi Yang, Chia-Jou Ma, Yu-Chan Chen, Hungchen Emilie Yen*. 2014. RING-type ubiquitin ligase McCPN1 catalyzes UBC8-dependent protein ubiquitination and interacts with Argonaute 4 in halophyte ice plant. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 80, 211-219. (Jul)
12. Yen-Ting Lu, Kai-Tan Cheng, Shin-Ying Jiang, and Jun-Yi Yang*. 2014. Post-translational cleavage and self-interaction of the phytoplasma effector SAP11. Plant Signaling & Behavior. 9, e28991. (Apr)
13. Yen-Ting Luco, Meng-Ying Lico, Kai-Tan Cheng, Choon Meng Tan, Li-Wen Su, Wei-Yi Lin, Hsien-Tzung Shih, Tzyy-Jen Chiou and Jun-Yi Yang*. 2014. Transgenic plants that express the phytoplasma effector SAP11 show altered phosphate starvation and defense responses. Plant Physiology. 416, 1456–1469. (Mar)
14. Li-Wen Suco, Shu Heng Changco, Meng-Ying Li, Heng-Yi Huang, Wann-Neng Jane, Jun-Yi Yang*. 2013. Purification and biochemical characterization of Arabidopsis At-NEET, an ancient iron-sulfur protein, reveals a conserved cleavage motif for subcellular localization. Plant Science. 213, 46-54. (Dec)
15. Yi-Ping Ho, Choon Meng Tan, Meng-Ying Li, Hong Lin, Wen-Ling Deng, and Jun-Yi Yang*. 2013. The AvrB_AvrC domain of AvrXccC of Xanthomonas campestris pv. campestris is required to elicit plant defense responses and manipulate ABA homeostasis. Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions 26, 419-430. (Apr)
16. Yuan-Lin Chou, Yi-Jing Hung, Yang-Hao Tseng, Hsiu-Ting Hsu, Jun-Yi Yang, Chiung-Hua Wung, Na-Sheng Lin, Menghsiao Meng, Yau-Heiu Hsu, Ban-Yang Chang*. 2013. The stable association of virion with the triple-gene-block protein 3-based complex of Bamboo mosaic virus. PLoS Pathogens. 9, e1003405. (Jun)
17. Yan-Jhu Pengco, Ching-Fang Shihco, Jun-Yi Yang, Choon-Meng Tan, Wei-Han Hsu, Yu-Pei Huang, Pei-Chun Liao and Chang-Hsien Yang*. 2013. A RING-type E3 ligase controls anther dehiscence by activating the jasmonate biosynthetic pathway gene DEFECTIVE IN ANTHER DEHISCENCE1 in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal. 74, 310-327. (Apr)
18. Lucie Salvaudon, Consuelo M. De Moraes, Jun-Yi Yang, Nam-Hai Chua and Mark C. Mescher*. 2013. Effects of the virus satellite gene βC1 on host plant defense signaling and volatile emission. Plant Signaling & Behavior. 8, e23317. (Mar)
19. Sanghee Kimco, Jungeun Leeco, Jun-Yi Yang, Choonkyun Jung, Nam-Hai Chua*. 2013. Arabidopsis histone methyltransferase SET DOMAIN GROUP2 is required for regulation of various hormone responsive genes. Journal of Plant Biology. 56, 39-48. (Feb)
20. Ming Luoco, Chun-Wei Yuco, Fang-Fang Chenco, Linmao Zhao, Gang Tian, Xuncheng Liu, Yuhai Cui, Jun-Yi Yang, Keqiang Wu*. 2012. Histone deacetylase HDA6 is functionally associated with AS1 in repression of KNOX genes in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genetics. 8: e1003114. (Dec)
21. Meimei Wang, Takashi Soyano, Satoru Machida, Jun-Yi Yang, Choonkyun Jung, Nam-Hai Chua and Y. Adam Yuan*. 2011. Molecular insights into plant cell proliferation disturbance by Agrobacterium protein 6b. Genes & Development 25, 64-76.
22. Sanghee Kim, Jun-Yi Yang, Jun Xu, In-Cheol Jang, Michael J. Prigge and Nam-Hai Chua*. 2008. Two CAP BINDING PROTEINS CBP20 and CBP80 are involved in processing primary microRNAs. Plant and Cell Physiology. 49, 1634-44.
23. Jun-Yi Yang, Mayumi Iwasaki, Chiyoko Machida, Yasunori Machida, Xueping Zhou, and Nam-Hai Chua*. 2008. bC1, the pathogenicity factor of TYLCCNV, interacts with AS1 to alter leaf development and suppress selective jasmonic acid responses. Genes & Development 22, 2564-2577.
24. In-Cheol Jang, Seong Wook Yang, Jun-Yi Yang and Nam-Hai Chua*. 2007. Independent and interdependent functions of LAF1 and HFR
25. Jun Xu, Jun-Yi Yang , Qi-Wen Niu and Nam-Hai Chua*. 2006. Arabidopsis DCP2, DCP1, and VARICOSE form a decapping complex required for postembryonic development. Plant Cell 18, 3386-3398.
26. In-Cheol Jangco, Jun-Yi Yangco, Hak Soo Seo and Nam-Hai Chua*. 2005. HFR1 is targeted by COP1 E3 ligase for regulated proteolysis during phytochrome A signaling. Genes & Development 19, 593-602 (co Equal Contribution)
27. Peter D Hare, Hak Soo Seo, Jun-Yi Yang and Nam-Hai Chua*. 2003. Modulation of sensitivity and selectivity in plant signaling by proteasomal destabilization. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 6, 453-462.
28. Hak Soo Seo, Jun-Yi Yang, Masaki Ishikawa, Cordelia Bolle, Maria L. Ballesteros and Nam-Hai Chua*. 2003. LAF1 ubiquitination by COP1 controls photomorphogenesis and is stimulated by SPA1. Nature 423, 995-999.
29. Jun-Yi Yang, Mei-Chu Chung, Ching-Yu Tu and Wei-Ming Leu*. 2002. OSTF1: a HD-GL2 family homeobox gene is developmentally regulated during early embryogenesis in rice. Plant and Cell Physiology. 43, 628-638.