Chair, Institute of Biochemistry, National Chung Hsing University 2019.08.01~ Professor, Institute of Biochemistry, National Chung Hsing University 2010~present National Chung Hsing University Institute of Biochemistry Part-time Director 2007~2010 Associate Professor, Institute of Biochemistry, National Chung Hsing University 2004~2010 Assistant Professor, Institute of Biochemistry, National Chung Hsing University 1999~2004 Visiting Scientist, MRC Molecular Biology Laboratory, UK 1997~1999 Postdoctoral researcher, Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, USA 1995~1996 PhD, Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley 1990~1995 Master of Biochemistry, National Taiwan University 1988~1990 Bachelor of Chemistry, National Taiwan University 1982~1986
Research on Regulation of Protein Translation and RNA biology
1. Wan-Ping Huang, Che-Pei Cho and Kung-Yao Chang *.“mRNA mediated duplexes play dual roles in the regulation of bidirectional ribosomal frameshifting”. Internal Journal of Molecular Science. 2018 Dec 4;19(12).
2. Yu-Ting Chen, Kai-Chun Chang, Hao-Teng Hu, Yi-Lan Chen, You-Hsin Lin, Chiung-Fang Hsu, Cheng-Fu Chang, Kung-Yao Chang and Jin-Der Wen*. “Coordination among tertiary base pairs results in an efficient frameshift stimulating RNA pseudoknot.” Nucleic Acids Research, 45 (10): 6011-6022. (2017).
3. Ya-Hui Lin and Kung-Yao Chang*. “Rational design of a synthetic mammalian riboswitch as a ligand-responsive -1 ribosomal frame-shifting stimulator.” Nucleic Acids Research, 44 (18): 9005-9015 (2016).
4. Hao-Teng Hu, Che-Pei Cho, Ya-Hui Lin, and Kung-Yao Chang*. “A general strategy to inhibiting viral -1 frameshifting based on upstream attenuation duplex formation.” Nucleic Acids Research, 44(1): 256-266 (2016).
5. Hsiu-Ting Hsu‡, Ya-Hui Lin‡, and Kung-Yao Chang*. “Synergetic regulation of translational reading-frame switch by ligand-responsive RNAs in mammalian cells.” Nucleic Acids Research, 42(22), 14070-14082 (2014).
6. Che-Pei Cho, Szu-Chieh Lin, Ming-Yuan Chou, Hsiu-Ting Hsu, and Kung-Yao Chang*. “Regulation of programmed ribosomal frameshifting by cotranslational refolding RNA hairpins.” PloS One, 8(4): e62283 (2013).
7. Ming-Yuan Chou, Szu-Chieh Lin, and Kung-Yao Chang* “Stimulation of -1 programmed ribosomal frameshifting by a metabolite-responsive RNA pseudoknot.” RNA. 16, 1236-1244 (2010).
8. Ming-Yuan Chou and Kung-Yao Chang* “An intermolecular RNA triplex provides insight into structural determinants for the pseudoknot stimulator of -1 ribosomal frameshifting.” Nucleic Acids Res. 38, 1676-1685 (2010).
9. Gang Chen, Kung-Yao Chang, Ming-Yuan Chou, Carlos Bustamantea, and Ignacio Tinoco, Jr. “Triplex structures in an RNA pseudoknot enhance mechanical stability and increase efficiency of –1 ribosomal frameshifting” Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 106, 12706–12711 (2009).
10. Su, M.C., Chu, C. H., Chang, C. T., Tsai, C. H., and Chang K. -Y.* “An atypical RNA pseudoknot of high -1 ribosomal frameshift efficiency and an upstream attenuation signal from SARS coronavirus genome.” Nucleic Acids Res. 33, 4265-4275 (2005).